The college I work for, like many other FE colleges and indeed schools too, have been exploring how the curriculum might be transformed for learners. This has been an ongoing challenge for some time now and you can read about some of our activities here at #curriccon15 and here at #curriccon14 as well as here at #piolearner in relation to developing a more character education focus.
The pressure to transform the curriculum has been driven by a number of factors:
- Funding (or lack of it)
- FELTAG (and the effective integration of this)
- Relevancy and currency for learners and employers
- Employability and Enterprise for the workplace
- English and maths skills development
- Learner attributes as well as skills development
Much more of this transformation work will be taking place in the coming months and it will likely continue for the next few years.
This magazine contains a great deal of inspiration, research…
View original post 77 more words